October 12, 2013

Leg Warmers/Boot Socks


Materials: Elastic, $2.79
Time: 30 minutes
 
This was an original refashion I did 3 years ago or so, so I apologize for not having a before picture. This was a very nice cotton-wool blend long-sleeve shirt I bought from Diesel. There was a cute “Diesel” embroidery on the sleeve. I bought this at some point in my mid-twenties and by the time I reached 30 I decided the shirt was a little too short (peek-a-boo midriff no longer acceptable). But I really loved the shirt, so I wanted to transform it into something wearable, keeping my favorite part which was the embroidery on the sleeve. On a night out with my friend M, she wore a black skirt and black heels with cute leg warmers. I decided that leg warmers would be the perfect project for this shirt! This was so easy to do. I simply cut the sleeves off and hemmed them with the zig-zag stitch on the sewing machine, leaving a small opening to thread the elastic in. Then I hand stitched the two ends of the elastic together and finished the hem on the machine. The nice thing about the zig-zag stitch is that you can just cut the fabric on the reverse and it won’t fray. It’s a quick and easy way to hem for those of us that don’t have great sewing skills. And with that, my cute leg warmers were made!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution!