October 14, 2013

Dip-Dye Skirt

Materials: Rit Dye in Black, $1.99

Time: 45 minutes




So while I had the black dye out after making the infinity scarf, I decided that it would be really cool to have a matching skirt to wear with it. The color the scarf turned out was perfect for fall, and I felt that I could sacrifice one of my summer skirts to make one that was more appropriate for post-labor day. So I decide to dye my white eyelet skirt which I acquired (guess where) at our last clothing swap. I simply held the skirt upright into the pot containing the black Rit Dye and let it absorb for a good 10 minutes. The I held the bottom dyed sections under running water for a long time, until the water began running clear. Then I submerged it into the sink filled with water, let it soak for 10 minutes, and emptied out the water. I repeated this 2 more times then threw the skirt in the wash with hot water. When I pulled it out it was the exact same color as my scarf with a degrade towards graphite at the bottom. I wore the combo skirt and scarf the very next day to the office. Love it!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution!