October 12, 2013

Dress Up!

Materials: Elastic, $2.79
Time: 30 minutes
 This dress was another one of my original refashions, so I again I have to apologize for not having any before pictures. But it was so easy to do, before pictures are not necessary. I acquired this skirt at a clothing swap I hosted back in 2008. It was obviously many sizes larger than mine, but I instantly envisioned it as a cute summer dress, so I quickly snagged it! To transform it into a dress, all I did was sew a piece of left-over ribbon on the inside to create a strip to secure the elastic band, leaving a small opening to insert the elastic. Then I inserted the elastic and hand-stitched the two ends together. Lastly, I hand-stitched the opening in the ribbon closed. I absolutely adore this dress, and recently bought this really cute stretchy belt with a leather flower to wear with it. The only unfortunate part is that summer flew by so quickly, I’ll have to wait a whole year to wear it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution!