October 18, 2013

Hippie Chic


Materials: PainterTM Fabric Marker in Black, $3.99

Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes

 

This white shirt was a real discounted bargain I got at H&M. After 2 washes it lost its shape and was looking really shabby. I didn’t think anything would really work in trying to make it be something that it never was, so I decided to keep it shabby and go for a hippie refashion.
 
 
 
I searched for a cool peace sign image online, downloaded it, and sized it to fit the shirt. I printed it out and pegged it to a clipboard underneath the shirt. The print was easily visible and I was able to trace it with a light pen. Then I took the fabric marker and went over it. The secret to using this thick marker was to “tattoo” over the lines instead of gliding it, like you would normally use a marker. For copyright reasons, I did not copy the design exactly and I will not include it on this website. The fabric paint dried a little stiff, but after a wash the shirt looked awesome! Peace.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution!