October 16, 2013

Blah Blah Black Shirt

Materials: Clorox Bleach Pen (3), $3.09 each.

Time: 3 rounds 30 minutes each.

 
This shirt was one of the leftovers from our last clothing swap. There was nothing really wrong with it, but I guess it was a little too blah for anyone to claim it. Since the swap was at my house I ended up with all the leftovers, including this boring black shirt.
 
 
 
 
 
I decided to transform it using a Clorox Bleach Pen. My inspiration was one of my little B’s scribble drawings, the most primitive form of visual expression, I suppose. I first tested a small spot under the collar in the back, to make sure the bleach would work. It took about 20 minutes, but finally the area which had been treated turned an orange-tinge. So I proceeded to scribble the shirt, starting with the back. The result was really dramatic! I washed the Clorox off three times with warm water and then threw the shirt in the wash. Once it dried, I repeated the scribbling in the front and sections of the sleeves. After 2 more rounds of scribbling, washing, and drying, the shirt was completely transformed and now it’s a whole lot more exciting!
 
Now I have to admit, its a little over-the-top for me to wear as-is, but I think it looks pretty cute under this neutral tan sweater or similarly with a black sweater. The way to pair it is to just assume the lines are tan and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution!