December 12, 2013

Dress skirt to tree skirt

Materials: Elastic, $2.79

Time: 1 hour 20 minutes



 I snagged this skirt at our last clothing swap, not for myself, but because the material just screamed Christmas and I thought it would come in handy this time of year. This is the first year we have a real Christmas tree, and one item we needed was a tree skirt.


I took the skirt apart starting with the zipper and the side seams. I measured the fabric pieces against our tree base to get the height measurement. Then I cut the tops of the skirt panels. I cut the panels in the shape of isosceles trapeziums, keeping the base the original width. I then sewed everything back together and added the zipper. I finally hemmed the top and added the elastic. 
 
 
 
I got a small round red mat at Ikea for $6.99 look and placed it under the tree base. So pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution!